We would all love to work out of an open office with large glass walls and windows that run floor to ceiling giving you amazing scenic views, but that just isn’t the case for most of us.
Use these tips to make that small office space your own and create an environment that you want to go and work out of every day.
- Create your blank space. It is so much easier to work from a blank canvas instead of working around what is already there.
- Get into a creative mindset. People often shy away from color or bold decisions because you are working with such a tiny space. Just because the space is small, doesn’t mean the general idea and feel of the space has to be small. Be bold!
- Don’t be afraid of color. Color one wall of the room or you can use fun LED lights to cast different colors on the wall.
- Chill out on prints. What it comes to your desk and office chair, try to stick to darker colors or black. Lighter colors appear bigger in smaller spaces. It will give you the illusion of more space
- Accentuate unique room details. Does your office have unique architectural components, a window, or anything else that may catch your eye? Use that as a point of reference to be a focal point of the room.
- Light it up. Lighting is important in a work environment and is a great idea to help make your office feel lighter and larger. There are fun lighting schemes available and can fit any budget.
- Get rid of stuff! You don’t have space for clutter! Purge it down to only absolutely necessary items.
- Organize your stuff. Putting things in their place and creating a flow to your office is necessary in your tiny space. Having an inbox that you clear out daily will keep clutter from piling up.
- Use vertical spaces wisely. Hang up shelves and use that prime storage space available to you. If you have limited ground space, limit that to your desk and chair and place all needed storage areas on the wall.